PHASE III, STEP ONE – MONDAY, JULY 6TH
Phase III of the Commonwealth’s reopening plan will begin and updates on gatherings will be in effect. The Department of Public Health (DPH) also issued updated guidance to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.The following businesses will be eligible to reopen in Step One of Phase III, subject to industry-specific rules concerning capacity and operations:
- Movie theaters and outdoor performance venues;
- Museums, cultural and historical sites;
- Fitness centers and health clubs;
- Certain indoor recreational activities with low potential for contact;
- Professional sports teams, under the authority of league-wide rules, may hold games without spectators
Businesses and sectors set to begin opening in Phase III are subject to compliance with all mandatory safety standards. It is recommended businesses consult sector-specific protocols and the When Can My Business Reopen? pages at www.mass.gov/reopening.
Please see the press release for additional information regarding Step One of Phase III, the revised gatherings order, and public health guidance.
SMALL BUSINESS TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE RESOURCES
Technical assistance programs and tools available to small businesses:
- The MA Small Biz Reopening Guide is an online resource created through a partnership between Mass Growth Capital Corp. and Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corps. The site helps businesses navigate available guidance and tools that will help them reopen safely and successfully.
- Small Business Strong is a public-private partnership that offers access to information, business advisors, and functional specialists to help small business navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- Businesses can find SBA Resource Partners (including Massachusetts Small Business Development Centers) through the Find Local Assistance Tool.
- MGCC offers resources for small businesses, including translation support for PPP applications and technical assistance through the COVID-19 Small Business Stabilization Network.
FORM FOR QUESTIONS ON REOPENING
If businesses have reviewed the available guidance and have additional questions, they may submit an inquiry form here.