The MassHire’s Greater Lowell Workforce Board’s Connecting Activities program brings a panel of Human Resources experts from different industries to discuss how to get a job and keep it. Connecting Activities brings work-based learning activities to students annually and this year due to the pandemic a video was developed of an employer panel. Though the video of the panel is intended for high school students, the information is important for anyone who is looking for a job.
In order to prepare students to talk with employers, a panel of five employers were brought together to discuss the soft skills necessary to succeed in the workforce.
- Maureen Fitzpatrick – Lowell General Hospital, Human Resources Business Partner, PHR
- Kaitlin Swett – Lowell Five Bank, Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
- Tess Shatzer – Lowell National Historical Park, Supervisory Park Ranger
- Jessika Fabiano – Thermo Fisher Scientific, Director, Early Talent Programs
- Kerilynne O’Brien – TJ Maxx, ASM Operations Manager
These HR industry experts shared tools and guidance to position a jobseeker to be the best candidate and have the confidence to navigate the job search process. They reviewed the process of job applications and how to prepare a jobseeker to stand out as a candidate.
The video runs on local public access television stations in Lowell, Dracut, Tewksbury and Chelmsford.
To access the employer panel video on YouTube: